Confessions of a Confused Christian

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stay Near Me, Daddy

The last couple of nights Joshua has been extra clingy (is that a word?). He wants me by him constantly. While he is playing, he wants me by him. When he is laying down, he wants me by him. I love it, yet it is draining. Sometimes I just need to have a break. I feel drained. Yet, at the same time, I enjoy the fact that he loves me so much. All he wants is for his daddy to be around. He wants to know he is safe. He wants to know he is not alone. He wants to know I am near by.

I want to enjoy these moments. I know that one day he will be older and we will not get this moment back. He will be wanting to do his own thing and I will long to be near him. I pray I learn to embrace these moments.

As I think about Joshua’s desire to be near to his daddy, I am forced to think of my own relationship with God. We are encouraged to draw near to God (James 4:8). I have to ask myself the hard question: Am I seeking to draw near to God? DO I desire to get closer to Him each day?Do I so long to be with Him that I cannot stand the idea of not being near him? Do I, like Joshua, just want to be near my daddy? I believe God wants me to be that in love with Him. He wants me to seek Him. He wants me to love being with him. He longs for me to long after him. God is my daddy and he loves his child.

I am thankful for the lessons we learn through children. My prayer is that we can all learn to love God so much we cannot stand the thought of not being near Him. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Children do teach us some of the most amazing and heartfelt lessons. Thanks for sharing this one, there's so much emotion as you tell it. Hope your little one's feeling better soon. And, hope that I can be more like him.

    By Blogger Kendra, At 6:20 AM  

  • You are saying the exact things I have been feeling and hearing about for the past two or three months now.

    Have a blessed day!

    By Blogger Single Gal, At 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home