Confessions of a Confused Christian

Monday, October 02, 2006

Don't take it for granted

In our world, it is easy to take things for granted. I take it for granted that I will get to eat when I am hungry. I will have place to sleep tonight. I have a roof over my head. I have transportation. I have access to medical care. I have a support network of friends and family.
I take that all for granted some times. I find myself complaining because it is too hot with the air conditioning off and too cool with it on. I complain because the cable goes out and I am not able to use my high speed Internet connection. I get frustrated when I am at a restaurant and my glass of sweet tea is empty. I cannot finish my meal so I get a box to take it home in.
As I type these words, I see that I am spoiled. I am blessed. How was I blessed to live in a country like this? When I start to feel that I don't have much, I go back and look at the world all around us. Go to http://www.globalrichlist.com/ and see how wealthy you are. Check out http://www.miniature-earth.com/ and see how blessed you are to have opportunities that many do not have.
It helps me realize that I have so much that I take for granted.
I am not trying to preach a sermon on poverty, I just want to share in case you need to be reminded. I know I do.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home