Confessions of a Confused Christian

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

College football

I have to state my dissappointment with my Oklahoma Sooners. They lost to TCU on opening day. I have been a Sooner fan for as long as I can remember. I have supported them through the winning seasons as well as the losing seasons. I am excited about my boys this year. They lost a lot of starters on both sides of the ball, but they still have a lot of talent. Adrian Peterson is a great running back. He needs a supporting cast. He needs a consistent quarterback that can make the passes and open up the defense. He needs linemen who can make the blocks. The quarterback (whoever that will be) needs the linemen to give him protection against the blitz. They all work as a team and each part is important if victory is to be declared. I think I see a lesson for the church in that illustration. We are all called to work as a unit, as a body. We have different talents and gifts, we have to function as a team and use our talents and gifts to build up the kingdom of God.
I am thankful for football and the lessons it teaches me. I am more grateful for my spiritual family.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home